Looking for ways to make flamingos out of carrots? Then this is definitely not the list for you. This is what you mommas will actually need to survive the week.
Most of us moms aren't even packed up and ready to head out the door. Here we are, just trying to survive a week with some extra baggage stacked on top of our already full plates. I want to help us all with some easy, cheap, free, and FUN things you can do to keep your sanity. These tips are in no particular order.
- Sense of Humor: Okay, Okay I know this one seems a bit silly but hear me out: the last thing you're going to want to take on vacation is stress. Not everything will go as planned and if you don't learn to laugh at the hiccups you will probably end up in a locked closet banging your head against the wall and no one want's that for you.
- Coffee. Need we say more? I think not! If you can hit up Starbucks on the way to the airport or before you start your drive -- DO IT! I promise you won't regret the little boost of caffeine.
- Insurance: My Mom likes to remind me about that one time I decided to jump off the pier into shallow water filled with rocks. While we pray for safety you can never be too prepared. Don't forget your insurance card at home. Best to know exactly what is covered and where you should in case of an emergency.
- New Toy: Hey, I know what you're thinking; we have plenty of toys. I know, but a new toy (or a toy your child hasn't played with in a while) can create endless entertainment while you're traveling or have downtime. It can be a distraction when you desire some peace and quietness as well. Oh, and don't forget to buy something for yourself too.
- Wine: I’m falling in love with this list simply because of how absolutely vital these items are, right? This one, in particular, requires absolutely no explanation. I suggest buying bulk wine from Costco and calling it a day. Not a fan of wine? No biggy grab your favorite ingredients for a cocktail and take some time to relax.